Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I found this on my friend's facebook, and mean as it is, I just have to post it here. It's a comment written on her wall by someone else.

"Hi lah! So, I know you spent a good amount of time in Singapore lah. Is it really true that people there talk like this lah? I don't really understand it lah. How common is it lah? (It became a meme between my cousin and I while we were in Hong Kong and China...lah.)"

HAHAHAH can you imagine? and it was futhermore, followed up by this
"ok ._.

Did you speak like that?...and do they really need to type the "lah" when they are typing on the computer? >_>"

Omggg. These americans are just killing me. HAHAHHA.

Good news flash! I found a lecture buddy for eurostudies, my kindergarten, primary and sec schmate, Eileen! She could act as my tutor too. Hahah. The lecture was really hardcore into the topic, unlike the other intro lectures. I was furiously copying about 4 pages worth of notes, but two hours of rapt attention is hard to hold so I began spacing out after a while. It was quite interesting, but I got very very lost. It seems like you need a history background to study this module? If not, you would die a horrible death.

Walked on over to med fac to look for liesel and leo. Liesel was looking through my euro notes and asked me what bourgeosie meant.
Me: Oh, it means middle class.
Liesel: Oh... I thought it meant high class you know?
Me: Nah..there's the nobles above them.
Liesel: Well there were these bunch of bimbotic girls in my class in tj, and they called themeves the bourgeosie, thinking it meant nobility and all. Guess they got it wrong.
Me: HAHAHHAHA. OUCH.

No comments: